Health Care Home: For Longer Healthier Lives
“Instead of random physician or emergency room visits, patients with mental illness and accompanying physical health needs can receive integrated, coordinated and high-quality preventative care for both physical and behavioral health needs.” – Family Guidance Center Team
The Health Care Home concept means individuals have a team-based approach to behavioral and physical health that is based upon coordinated care. Our goal is to ensure that individuals receive appropriate care to address health care needs while promoting appropriate utilization of health care resources. Most importantly, the Health Care Home initiative helps individuals live a longer, healthier life.
Services provided include:
- Nurse care managers will work alongside other healthcare providers to coordinate health care needs.
- Nurse care managers can also help ensure medications are available as prescribed by your physician.
- Prevention and patient education and participation are key elements of the program. You may also receive information and guidance that can help you reduce your need for medical services while giving you more independence to pursue your treatment goals.
- Nurse care managers assist with transitions of care if you are admitted or discharged from the hospital.
- Nurses will provide primary care screenings.
- Health Care Home services are overseen by a primary care physician consultant.